Friday, May 17, 2013

A Moment of Tranquility

This morning I had a little time before work and I went out to the garden to check on the state of things.  It had rained yesterday and I wanted to make sure the the pepper plants I had hardening out there had gotten some water.  I decided to sit on the bench and relax a bit and snapped this picture.  I realize that I have to repaint the little statue, but just sitting on the bench was so tranquil and peaceful, it was hard to imagine that my house is in the middle of a city like environment.

I spent some time trying to imagine living in a big city where many people don't have a space to call their own and came to the realization that I would not be able to handle that situation.  I imagined that I would have to have an apartment with a roof top garden or something where there was some plant life at least.  I have read a lot about Urban Gardening and know there are many things one can do with small spaces.  I feel very fortunate that I have a yard that I can have my flowers and vegetables growing and have dirt under my feet - not to mention my fingernails which always seems to be the case having a garden.

I ran out of coffee last week and haven't had any for a week because I didn't have time to go to the grocery store last week.  At first I thought it was really going to bother me, but found it hasn't.  I only mention this because sitting out there this morning I really missed having a steaming cup of coffee and made a note to myself that when I get coffee for my morning cup, it should be in this very spot.  The little bit of time I had this morning really set my day off right.

No comments:

Post a Comment