Friday, October 11, 2013

Messing Up

I have never really been a person who has a great aptitude for attention to detail and sometimes it really gets me in trouble.  I recently made a mistake that was kind of really bad.  It didn't alter the universe but it could lead to some confusion and I felt really bad about it.  I had depended on another person to proof the work before it went out, but that person also did not catch it. I really caught heck for it.

Some people are born with attention to detail; I was not.  Everyone has a certain set of talents and sometimes one has to go a whole lifetime to discover them.  Grandma Moses only started painting in her seventies and there are other stories of how people "suddenly" acquire a new talent that shocks the world.  I do look at life as a series of discoveries about oneself as we are always emerging, always growing. Furthermore, it is never to late to make corrections in your life.  Attention to detail though has always been my albatross.

I looked up ways to improve my attention to detail. I thought it is never to learn something new to help me get better.  I came across a site called Lumosity which promises to exercise your brain. They say you can increase your skills by just play a few games online each day.  It is a fun way to spend a few minutes, no doubt, but I don't know if it will make a difference, but I will try.  Of course to "get the full potential" you have to pay for the premium package. For now, I will stick to the free program and see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment