Thursday, March 31, 2011

Patience is a Virtue

Patience is a virtue that I don’t have.  Not that I have a lot of others as I tend to be somewhat of a virtue-less person.  But mostly I have to be the most impatient person there is.  I mean when I start a diet, I have to see results immediately.  When I try a new wrinkle cream, I expect to wake up the next morning with teenage-looking skin.  Things just don’t work fast enough for me.

That’s probably why I drive so fast.  While I really like to drive my car, to me, it’s a real waste of time to travel.  I get so impatient driving from one place to another, that I guess I figure if I drive faster I will have more time to do more when I reach my destination.  I wish we could all be like Star Trek and transport ourselves everywhere… Scotty?  I would love to just pop into where I was going so I don’t have to sit in traffic or drive behind these num-nuts who drive agonizingly slow.  It completely unnerves me to be behind someone who thinks that 25 mph is being all Parnelli Jones and has to drive like they are going through a school zone.  Then they decide to use their cell phone and start weaving all over the road.  I mean, really, can’t they chew gum and walk at the same time?

Eating and sleeping are two other time wasters if you ask me.  I know it is really evident that eating is one of my favorite things to do, but it does take time to cook a meal; time that could be used for something else.  Can you imagine what we could do if we didn’t have to eat or sleep?  There would be so much more time to do everything. I am not really sure I know what I would do, but I am sure that I could find something. 
I suppose that I really need to slow down though as I know that rushing through life is not really good for me.  All this rushing could give me a heart attack, or stroke, or something.  But it would be quick way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment