Friday, April 5, 2013

Update

I have not blogged in quite a while I know.  I have a new job which has kept me very busy during the day, even during my lunch time when I previously blogged before.  Today I decided to do it and realize that it is not as easy to do from my work computer as it was before at my other job.  The  I decided to do it on my tablet and the keyboard was dead.  Not too discouraged, I am using the virtual keyboard on the tablet, which really isn't the easiest thing to do, at least to me.  Maybe more practice is needed, but that is not here or there.

As I hinted above, I have a new job. I basically took retirement from the financial firm I was working at for 30 years and am working full time in politics. I absolutely love it. I know many of the people I work with and have for many years from being involved in local politics, so there wasn't the same awkward feeling on the day that I started as I have experienced with past jobs. It was a little strange working in this office because in the past I have worked here just for a few hours at a time so being here full time was a little strange. But now I am fully integrated and it is a wonderful experience.

The other new thing in my life that is keeping me really busy is running for Municipal Council. There is one seat open, because the Council person currently there is term limited and can't run again. The other At-Large member is able to run again and is doing so. There are four others vying for this one open seat so I need to get my candinancy out there! Since I was a district Council member before and this is for the whole town, I have to introduce myself to a whole lot of new people. But I am very excited to work to get on Council again and work on issues that I feel are important to the town. There will be more on this topic but for now, just know that I am very busy around the clock. It is gratifying though. Thanks to those who can help me in this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment