Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Why?



A friend of mine and I were having a discussion about why there are so many young people involved in crimes – like murder.  We had each gotten text messages about two arrests in Norristown of two kids who were arrested for murder.  One was a murder by an 18 year old and the other was a murder and arson by a 20 year old. We each had different opinions on what is happening.  I hope there are people out there looking into this to find out why these things are happening.

It seems like violence, gun violence in particular is epidemic and the perpetrators of these crimes are young men, younger than 21.  Not all of them are mentally unstable as in the case of Adam Lanza who killed all those children at Sandy Hook School, or at least that part hasn’t come out.  I am not under the theory that violent games cause this type of behavior.  I know plenty of people I work with who play those games are not prone to violent actions.  My friend subscribes to the theory that modern technology causes it and I am under the theory that the American diet is the culprit.  All that sugar and high fructose corn syrup makes us crazy. 

Whatever the issue is, I hope that someone gets a handle on this.  This killing spree that these young men are on is jut not right.  Not only do I feel bad for society in general, but I feel so bad for their families who will never see their sons again or will have to visit them in prison for the rest of their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment