Monday, January 26, 2015

New Recipes!

I always love doing new things in the kitchen and am constantly on the lookout for new recipes. With this vegan diet, a new world of cooking has opened up for me and I find it really interesting to make something delicious that is also healthy. 

After seeing Forks over Knives I realized I used an awful lot of oil on my cooking. I pour in several tablespoons for practically everything and was wondering about the high fat this causes. The Forks over Knives uses no oil so sautéing things without oil is very foreign to me. But I bought the $4.99 iPad app, which Is basically the book to the lifestyle, and the recipes I have tried so far have been really yummy. My only complaint is that there are no calorie content listed so I have to use the app I found online to determine what the nutritional information is for everything.

All in all, this new road in my journey toward health is becoming more delicious at every turn. I am getting less bothered by not eating cheese and now not using oil - or at least not as much as I have in the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment