Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fighting

It really takes a lot of effort to have a fight with someone. For the past few weeks, I have been arguing with someone and have found it easier to just ignore that person. I send all their calls to voicemail and I haven’t returned their calls. Since I don’t live nearby or work with the person, I don’t have to worry about how to avoid running into that person. It’s really a lot of work.

One would think that I would just resolve the issue and get back to the way it was. But I just can’t get around the fact that this person thoroughly pissed me off and until I am over the initial anger I can’t face them or speak to them. Not dealing with it for me is the best way right now because I know that if I encounter this person a big shouting match will ensue and it won’t be pretty.

But it takes a lot of work. I don’t have caller id on my home phone so I have to monitor my answering machine so I don’t accidently pick up when they call. I can’t just answer my work phone or my cell phone without looking at it to see who is calling and the pushing a button to ignore the call. Then I have to go into my voice mail and delete the message or that annoying little icon shows telling me I have a message. So I might as well listen to the message or part of it anyway because that’s the only way to delete it properly. Plus it’s amusing to hear this person’s continual pleas for me to call back. Get over it.

I guess I am being a little immature about this whole thing. Usually I don’t go to these extremes and I confront my issues straight on. But this situation is different. This person betrayed my trust and my confidence and I don’t get over that so easily. Only time will help lessen my anger. In the meantime if this person decides I am not worth the trouble, then fine. The less work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment