Monday, December 5, 2011

Seasons

Normally I don’t mind autumn and winter. I don’t really have a problem with the cold as long as my house is warm and as long as I have enough body lotion to take care of the dry skin that I get during the colder months. This year, however, I can’t wait until spring and I blame my new gardening hobby for that. I have been perusing the gardening blogs and catalog stores on the web and I see wonderful pictures of Cottage Gardens, that I want to emulate, from around the world that are as enticing as a good glazed donut!

I guess it is the anticipation of putting all of those wonderful plants in my garden and the imagination of the smell and texture of all those beautiful flowers. I put a calendar together of dates when I should sow the seeds for the flowers and vegetables I want. My only consolation is that many of the perennials that I want have in the garden should be started in January and February. It’s not that far off and very wait-able.

No comments:

Post a Comment