Monday, July 23, 2012

Be Part of the Solution

Aurora, Colorado, before Friday was more known for its sports than a massive shooting that happened in a movie theater at a midnight showing.  I am still stunned about what happened.  I have been reading several articles about the incident and several blog posts, and one hit me just right in their blog post on Friday “Something’s Wrong Here”.  It really speaks to me and I totally agree. We have a big problem with guns in this country, and something is indeed very wrong. 
Now I don’t believe that guns need to be taken away from everyone, but something has to be done and gun owners have to understand that and be a little more understanding.  You talk to your average gun activist and they act like a 3 year old and act like you are trying to take away their toy.  Yes, I know guns don’t kill people, people kill people and all that but something has to be done to prevent massacres like what happened in Aurora. They have to calm down a little and work with us to get a solution on the table.  They have to stop whining that we are taking away their rights and look around them at what’s happening.  Don’t bury your head in the sand.  Stand up and be part of the solution. That’s all I am saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment