Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Keep Jobs Here

It is a pleasure to deal with a company that is true to their advertising.  Yesterday I had to rent a car because my car is in the shop. We don't know how long it will be there and I have a lot of appointments this week, so I had to rent a car.  I called Enterprise because they pick you up and I didn't have a ride to get to a rental place.  It was the most pain free experience I have had.  First they were polite on the phone, second they were reliable and did what they said they would.

So often any more, I have issues with dealing with companies, especially those who outsource their phone services.  I really hate talking to some of their representatives as many times I just can't understand what they are saying.  And it's not just technical call centers, which you would expect.  Yesterday my husband had to call someplace and the call was routed to India.  The rep was pretty understandable, but they took away an American job and I just don't want to deal with companies that do that.  I try to boycott them as much as possible.

I think if we all did that, we could do a little fighting with our dollars.  Don't buy from a company that outsources to a foreign country. If we withheld money here and there, maybe big business would get the word and starting thinking that they should hire Americans.  It may reduce our unemployment a little and strengthen our economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment