Friday, January 10, 2014

Making Progress


My husband, after weeks of nagging, has finally gotten moving again on the bathroom.  This is what was under the rug that the previous owners had put down in the bathroom.  We ripped up the rug yesterday and tomorrow a contractor friend of his is coming in to give him suggestions on laying the tile floor.  I just hope he doesn't stop again for two years like the last time he started.  He has no excuse really as we already have the tile and the grout, which was purchased two years ago when we started the project.

I love my husband, but he can be very slow on projects around the house. He is perfectionist and if he doesn't know quite how to finish something he won't do anything on the project until he has figured it out. It took him about 5 years to finish the master bedroom because he got stuck on the closet door.  I try not to nag, but sometimes I get very angry that things are in various stages of repair all over the house.  I am quite the opposite.  Even if I don't know how to do something, I jump right in and try it.  I would rather finish the project than have it hanging over my head.  But the quality on my jobs suffers I am afraid.

Owning a home is an adventure every day.  If it is not a major project then there are small little things like cleaning that have to be done.  But just like work, it gets in the way of what we would rather be doing.  But I guess that is why work is a four letter word! Seriously, I am very glad that things seem to be getting underway again and we are moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment