Monday, September 28, 2009

Joys of Aging

The big ride to the shore is this weekend and I am getting a little nervous. First of all, the weather says it is a 40% chance of rain. Yuck. This is a rain or shine event, and the team captain says that people with MS don’t get to chose what kind of day they have so basically suck it up, but I don’t like to ride in the rain. The second thing I am nervous about is the distance. True I rode over 50 miles before and it was not that big a deal. My butt hurt for a bit, but I made it and it was fun, so a little further won’t kill me. So I shouldn’t be nervous. But I am. We have to be at the start line by 5:15am which means we have to leave at about 4:00am and get up in time to do so. That means everything ready on Friday night and all we have to do is grab our stuff and go.

I plan to Twitter at all the rest stops because there are a bunch of people who are anxiously wondering how we are doing. I am going to have my phone in a plastic bag in the event of rain, so I am going to be ready.

This past Friday I had my every 5 year colonoscopy. I also had to have an endo as well, so I was joking with my doctor about the scopes meeting in the middle. He was not amused. The procedure is nothing, but the prep is AWFUL. I had to do a two-day prep because my system is s slow and the medicine that I had to take was horrid. I had to drink the stuff called Trilyte which is supposed to have flavoring and be chilled. You are supposed to rapidly drink8 ounces at a time until you consume 4 liters. It is the vilest stuff I had ever tasted and it was a wonder how I got it down without barfing each time. Boy, that stuff works. After about 4 times, I was going and going and going. I guess it’s just one of the joys of getting older.

No comments:

Post a Comment