Friday, May 20, 2011

Abra Kadabra

Like magic we have been transported and living in Seattle for the last few days. It has rained all this week and my husband and I have not been able to go riding…boo hoo. My husband even got new tires for his bike and has not been able to show them off to the world!

It says that in every life a little rain must fall, but this is ridiculous. But the show goes on and rain or not, we continue our daily lives. Fortunately for me that means an inside office job. Unfortunately for my husband, that means days off from work because as a truck driver who hauls highway construction materials, the companies who hire the company whose truck he drives are not working. So he gets to stay home and monitor the ceiling to make sure the rain is not coming in, which it does if the wind blows a certain way. For some strange reason the roofers have not been able to stop the leak that is ruining our master bedroom ceiling. It is most frustrating.

The one good thing about the rain is that my vegetables are growing unbelievably fast! I put some from the seedling tray into the herb garden and they have taken off. There are still some that have to go in the larger garden, but it’s been way to muddy and rainy to plant that. I just hope that there is a break in this weather at some point so that I can get them in the ground. Maybe I can wave a magic wand…

No comments:

Post a Comment