Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Don’t Stop

I was listening to the classic Fleetwood Mac song “Don’t Stop” this morning and of course it got me thinking about what the song is really trying to say. It is something that I occasionally do when I hear songs. Okay, accuse me of being overly analytical, but that’s just what I do. Anyway, the song has such an upbeat tempo and really gets my feet moving.

If you wake up, don’t want to smile,
If it takes just a little while,
Open your eyes and look at the day
You’ll see things in a different way.

Don’t stop thinking about tomorrow.
Don’t stop it’ll soon be here.
It’ll be here better than before.
Yesterday’s gone, yesterday’s gone.
We can’t live in yesterday because that is over and done with. You can learn from yesterday by reviewing things that have happened and making a conscious effort to repeat your actions, or to fix what went wrong. I am always telling my son that you can’t change what happened, but you can change what will, when he complains about things that went wrong. Look forward and correct the things that need correcting. Plan to make things better. Tomorrow is a new day and a chance to take life by the horns and turn it around. History is important for knowing what we can do differently in the future, and to remind us of the triumphs and struggles and our ancestors went through to bring us to this time. But the past is the past and not something that we should be living in. Here’s to a terrific today and a tremendous tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment