Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fighting the Biological Clock

As many did over this past weekend, I watched the Super Bowl.  My husband and I are not fanatical fans of football, but we enjoy watching the commercials and the half time show.  Some of the commercials were pretty funny but most were kind of lame and it appears that they have gotten worse over the last few years.  However, I thought Madonna was pretty good during her performance at half time.  I mean at the ripe old age of 53, she was prancing about on those 5 inch heels and doing deep knee bends that made my knees hurt just watching her. 
Madonna is a brilliant business woman in my opinion.  I mean she has been around for 3 decades and has re-invented herself multiple times in order to stay on top of the game and continue to be popular to a particular segment of the listening community.  Say what you will but I give her a lot of credit for doing that.  She has sold more than 300 millions records according to Wikipedia and continues to be the top selling female artist of all time.  There are not too many who can claim that, and for that I respect what she has done.
Still there is something to be said about aging gracefully.  Madonna seems to be fighting the youth fight by doing all she can to remain youthful despite her biological years.  It’s hard to see the ravages to time on ones face, I will admit, and I guess those with mondo bucks can have whatever nips and tucks it takes while us mere mortals have to live with the sagging skin, the weak knees, and the grey hairs that come with time.  Oh well… 

No comments:

Post a Comment