Friday, August 31, 2012

Bumper Sticker

I was coming back from doing an errand at lunch one day recently and nearly ran off the road laughing when I saw a “Republicans for Voldemort” bumper sticker on a car.  The driver’s window was open and I desperately wanted to congratulate him for this wonderful sense of humor, but I was not able to catch up to him before I got near the entrance to my workplace.
For those of you who don’t know who Voldemort is, or understand the humor, let me try to enlighten you. Voldmort was the evil wizard from the Harry Potter series.  In the movies they often referred to him as “he-who-should-not-be-named” because he was so evil that even mentioning his name would cause terror for the wizards just hearing the name.  Now, I am not saying that Republicans are evil, but anymore when I hear some of the things that are uttered by their high profile people, I wonder if maybe they are heading in that direction. 
Like what, you say?  Well, take for example one of the GOP congressmen who is running for re-election now. Congressman Akin.  William Todd Akin is the U.S. Representative for Missouri's 2nd congressional district. He is the person who declared that women have special defenses that prevent pregnancy if it is a “legitimate rape.”  Really?  Where does one even get these ideas?  It is a similar vein of misinformation that many of the Tea Party people claim.  God help us if these people get into power.  If that isn’t an evil power, I don’t know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment