Saturday, September 1, 2012

Convention

I am headed off to the Democratic National Convention.  Yes, I am a delegate and I am very excited about it.  I have never been to one of these coventions before so this is a new experience for me.  This morning I headed out quite early because even though we are not due to be there until tomorrow, we are going down by car because I need to save a little money, and we are seeing some things on the way down to kind of break up the 10 hour drive.

Also new for me is the use of technology on the road.  I am using my Samsung 10.1 tablet as I am going down the road blogging this.  Don't worry I am not driving! I have a new, mobile hotspot which allows me to have Internet access away from my home network.  I decided to go this route because the laptop can be used with it too.  I made some changes to my Verizon plan adding the hotspot and ended up saving about $30 a month in the process.  It is kind of weired for me going down the road being connected like this.  Of course I can blog on my phone too, but it is easier for me to type on the tablet. So bear with me while I get used to this new way of doing things.

The one new technology that didn't work was my old GPS unit.  I had thought of using that instaed of my phone because if the long drive, but when I plugged it in when we got in the car it wouldn't boot.  Fortunately I had thought enough ahead to print out the directions.  So sometimes the old ways work. I can always use my phone if we get lost for the short run.  I also got an inverter so that I can charge up my laptop in the car.  The guy at the store said it could not really take a hesvy load but that the laptop would be okay.  We'll see how all this stuff works.

So keep reading as I blog from this event.  I hope you enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment