Thursday, September 6, 2012

Clinton Nominates the President


Last night, President Clinton laid out a clear case for re-nominating and reelecting President Obama and Vice President Biden. He spelled out very plainly that President Obama has plans for moving America forward.  The excitement in the arena was palpable, and you could hear a pin drop while he was speaking.  What a speech!  Throughout the evening Democratic leader after Democratic leader spoke about the contrasts in how the other side had no new ideas or policies to help the middle class.  If you had an opportunity to watch the speech, or any of the coverage you may have heard that Clinton won it.  The bus driver for the Delegates this morning was quite emphatic that the speech laid it out in plain English and if no one understood that, they were a fool.

The house went crazy when President Obama came out to thank Clinton for his words.  I had left my seat to go to the ladies room and to quickly put a few more bars on my phone charge and I was not allowed to get back to my seat when I came in.  I was not able to see Clinton from my regular vantage point, but it didn't matter.  One could feel the vibe even at the top of the section where I was standing. It was electrifying and certainly set the stage for tonight's proceedings.


No comments:

Post a Comment