Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Voter ID

I caught a glance at the new TV commercial telling people to bring their "acceptable" forms of ID when they go to vote. Today I saw an article saying that some say it is offensive.  I am not convinced it is offensive exactly, but seeing it again I do question the real message behind it.  The overall message was that if you can about this country you will bring your id with you when you go to vote.  I think the real message is that if you care about this issue, you will write, scream, and rally against this law.

I think the law itself is offensive, not the commercial.  It is offensive that a law which causes the taxpayers over $10 million to fix a problem that doesn't exists.  It should really be called what it is; voter suppression.  There has been no case of voter fraud in this state ever.  There have only been about 4 cases of voter fraud in the entire country.  This is only to make sure that the people who voted for Obama last year will not be able to vote this year.  Look at the numbers.  The amount of people affected is about 760,000 which is about the same as the number McCain lost PA.  Coincidence?  I think not.

So you be the judge, is the commercial offensive, or it just the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment