Monday, June 10, 2013

Crazy Corn Bed

I don't know why I thought that putting a bed of corn out there in the middle of the yard would not attract varmints.  I must have been out of my mind to think it would not be touched. Of course it would.  So before I lose any more plants, I have surrounded the bed with fencing - any kind of fencing that I could find to keep it safe.  So now I have a corn bed that looks like something crazy.  But it is safe.

This is the first year I have done corn and this is a new bed that was build specifically for this purpose. I don't know what corn looks like when it is first coming up and I planted two varieties so there are things that definitely look like corn and others that look like grass. So I am going to let it go for a while until I can tell the difference.  That's how you learn.

So in the meantime, my corn is in prison, but as bad as it looks at least it is safe. Next year I will be prepared for whatever I plant in this bed will be protected right from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment