Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Klutzy

It’s been so dark in the mornings lately when I get up that I feel as though I am slipping out in the middle of the night when I leave for work. This morning was quite dark and my husband was still asleep when I was getting dressed as he was not due at his work site until 7:30am. I don’t like it when that happens because I feel like I am really bothering him, so I sneak around trying to find my clothes, jewelry, and makeup in a semi dark room. That’s a laugh and a half – me trying to be quiet.

All my life I have been a major klutz. My husband laughs because he says I am the only person he knows who can fall going UP the stairs, which is exactly what happened about five years ago resulting in a broken toe. I didn’t think it was all that funny. I mean the stairs are carpeted and the soles of my feet were slippery; anyone could have tripped. Anyone could have gotten a broken toe. It was a recipe for disaster no matter how you cut it. Speaking of cutting it last night I dropped a kitchen knife on my foot. Fortunately I only nicked my toe; I am sure it could have been worse. So my trying to be quiet in the morning when my husband is still asleep is like expecting no one to hear a charging rhino.

Then I get to work only to get a call later from my husband saying he stepped on an earring that was on the stairs. I have no idea how that happened. It wasn’t one of the earrings that I am wearing, and furthermore, it isn’t one that I have worn recently. It must have gotten caught on my clothes when I was in the bathroom getting the earrings I wore today out of my little jewelry box and then fell on the stairs as I went down. It was just another example of the accident waiting to happen, which is a description of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment