Friday, July 10, 2009

Shopping

So tonight before I went home from work, I stopped by a bike shop in the local area who was hosting a Trek demo for women. It was great. I really wasn’t suited up for it, having come from work, but I managed. I rolled up my pant legs and put on a helmet and was set to go. I must say, the difference was incredible.

I have a 30 year old 10 speed and here I was riding a brand new carbon fiber bike. Not only was it lighter but the gearing was better and easier. I only rode for a short time, but it was enough to know that if I get another road bike it is going to mean a big change for me. It felt really different and I wasn’t sure that it was better. I actually liked the hybrid better than the road bike. I felt “squished” on the road bike because the distance was a lot shorter between the seat and the handlebars than I am used to. But the main reason for going to this was to find out what size I should be looking for, which I accomplished.

After I came home, it was much later than I normally get home, so my husband did almost not want to ride. We usually go for about an hour and that would have put us much later so we abbreviated it a little and only rode for a little under an hour. I could have ridden longer, but since I was not riding alone I had to compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment