Monday, January 2, 2012

Excited

As you may know I put my greenhouse together a while ago and over the holiday planted some things that were to be started indoors in January.  I know it was a little early last week, but I couldn't wait.  Yesterday when I went do to water, I noticed my first sprout!  My geraniums are starting to come up.  It is very exciting!  Today I ordered more seeds; both annuals and perennials from a new source.  I hope these come up as it should save us a ton of money as we usually spend quite a bit on annuals for the one garden bed and out front.  My husband mentioned that he wanted to get a planter for the front porch and put annuals in that as well.

I feel that I am almost obsessed with this gardening thing and I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.  I think it is a good thing as I have been reading a lot of beneficial things from doing gardening not to mention the good health from eating home grown vegetables.  I look at the Garden Report, which is a collection of many articles about gardening and have found many things that point in very positive directions about the benefits of having growing things around you.

So this is one "resolution" that I will have in 2012 that I think I can absolutely stick to, and that is to have a great garden and a healthy start to better nutrition with fresh, homegrown vegetables.  I am very lucky that I have the space to do this, but most anyone can do some if they have a windowsill or a patio.  There are a number of blogs that specialized in Urban Garden so that if you don't have a lot of space you can too enjoy the benefits. So happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment