Monday, January 9, 2012

Purse

This weekend I experimented by not carrying a purse.  Sure I like bags and I sure have enough of them, but over the last few years, I have been in situations where carrying one has turned into a hassle.  For example when you go to an event, one is stuck with carrying it around on your shoulder or finding a place to stash it away.  I had been leaving it in my car for the most part and carrying essentials in my pocket; often though women’s clothes don’t have pockets which infuriates me to no end, so I purposely shop for those that do.  At any rate, this weekend I decided that I was going to try not carrying it to the point that I left it at home. 
There were a few times that I felt as if I had forgotten something and I found myself wishing I had it, but they were few and far between.  I think the thing is that one has to plan on what to take with you.  It was a casual weekend and you can really fit a lot into jeans pockets, so for the most part it was okay, There was one event that I had to get dressed up for and I found that I was able to carry what I needed in the pockets of the suit I was wearing.
I really like the feeling.  It was liberating, and I think I am going to do it more and more. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree!!!. The bigger the purse the more you put in it and the heavier it gets. It can cause a trip to the Chiropractor;-( I love little purses if I have to carry one, but I usually find that I left something essential at home<:-0

    ReplyDelete