Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Curse the Springtime!

My allergies are practically doing me in.  For the last few weeks, I have been increasingly sneezing, wheezing, coughing, and teary eyed and nothing seems to help.  I had gone to an allergy doctor last year and she prescribed Allegra, which is now available over the counter.  But I swear the over the count stuff is NOT the same, despite what the advertising lingo says.  The new stuff does nothing; absolutely nothing.  This morning, I tried the Flonase that I found in my cupboard.  It said use before bed, but I was desperate. 
I noticed this morning that my car had a film of pollen on the roof when I went out.  At first I thought it was frost and then remembered it was not cold and it is not winter.  It was pollen!  I love the spring flowers and the increased gardening that I am doing.  But I hate these allergies, at least until I can find something that will work.  I called my doctor yesterday and have yet to receive a call back.  Most frustrating.  So in the meantime me and my red-rimmed eyes and drippy nose wait for relief.  I hope an answer comes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment