Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life is a Beach

I have a Facebook friend who lives in Palm Springs.  He seems to be always going here, there, and everywhere and posting his adventures online.  He is young and has no cares outside of his own existence and is truly living life as he wants.  On some days, hell most days, I envy him because I haven’t seen as much of the world as I would like to.  It must be nice to be a trust fund baby and not to worry about things.

I often wonder what it would be like to be stinking rich and not have to worry where the next cent is coming from.  I would imagine that I would be considerably less stressed than I am now, except that I may fuss over what to do with my money.  I am going to be very honest and say that I would splurge on a few things for my family and me as far as luxuries are concerned if I suddenly came into a lot of money.  But I also know that there are a few causes that are important to me that would see some of those gains.  I am one of those people who has every cent accounted for if I were to win, say $10 million. 

So, my frivolous Facebook friend, you have your fun on your beaches all over the world looking fit and fab and tan.  While I would love to live your lifestyle, I am very comfortable staying right here and doing what I am doing.  Life can be a beach sometimes but there is always sand around to get in your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment