Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Moods

So this morning I am mopping about.  Don’t know why all of a sudden my mood suddenly become sour.  I mean things are great.  Well they could be better but in the grand scheme of things, things are great.  Why do people suddenly get depressed?  All of us go through “the blues” or mild feelings of sadness or being “down in the dumps”.  The things to look out for are not being to pick yourself up and get back to your normal state after weeks of feeling this way.

Major depression can be a serious problem.  One needs to watch for those feelings of being miserable lasting for more than two weeks and having a major impact on your life, and that last part is key.  There are many sites on the Internet that talk about depression and what to do about it.  One good one that lists things in a very concise and clear manner is on the PubMed Health page about depression without trying to sell you something.  If you are experiencing this kind of feelings on a daily basis, then you may need more than a quick fix of a new pair of shoes. 

For now the feelings of “the blues” will pass, I am sure.  In the meantime I am going to don my headphones and listen to my favorite Blues singers while I work.  For me, it’s a sure thing.  See you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment