Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring Fever

I can feel it in the air.  I can hear it in the morning with the birds singing when I get to work.  Spring has finally come – well meteorology speaking anyway.   I don’t care, as I feel an incredible sense of excitement.  What is also coming is Spring Fever and I know I am coming down with a case that is next to none.  I just want to be out in the garden at all times with dirt on my hands and my nose running to beat the band.
I have to reign myself in from planting everything in sight, though.  Yesterday we went over to Home Depot to get a new pitch fork.  For some reason we are missing the one we thought we had.  While we were there I talked my husband into going into the plant section and they had plants!  They had tomatoes, broccoli, strawberries, herbs, and others.  I just had to get some broccoli as it is a cold weather vegetable and I really should have started the seeds earlier as my seedlings are way tiny.  These were great sized seedlings and they need to go in to the garden now to ensure a crop before the hot summer weather hits.  I also got another strawberry plant and some rosemary.  This weekend is supposed to be cold but next weekend is the time to get these things planted, such as the strawberry planter that we built last weekend and finished yesterday.
We also have the time change this weekend so it will be lighter longer and warmer weather coming up.  I just can’t contain myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment