Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What is That?

This weekend my husband and I were finally able to get out and ride.  His pulled groin muscle is feeling a lot better and the weather was great, so we went out on Saturday for about a 20 mile ride.  It really felt good to be back in the saddle.  While we were out there, I noticed a small yellow flower popping up in various spots along the side of the trail.  I did pick a small flower to tuck in my bag so that I could look it up on the web and this morning went to Google and typed in “small yellow flower spring bloom”.  It came up with the name Leonardo’s Balm, or Doronicum Leonardo.  This small flower looks like a daisy and has a rather shiny leaf.  I also looked it up on a site called Dave’s Garden.  They have a plant database with thousands of plants in it that can help you identify many plants and point you to vendors who will sell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment