Thursday, July 14, 2011

Babies, Babies

My refrigerator has magnets on it; lots of magnets.  It is one of those French Door models and on the left side are magnets from places I have been on vacations and what not.  On the right side are pictures of all my friend’s babies who have sent pictures to me in Christmas cards.  I never seem to take any of them down or change out the more recent ones so there are several years of pictures from several kids, most notably my son of course.  I was looking at those pictures while I ate dinner tonight and thought to myself that if anyone came into my house when I'm not there, they might thing think that I was some sort of child pervert.  Or not. I don’t know if others have that many pictures up on their ‘fridge like that, but as usual with some things that I do, it’s a little excessive.

All of the pictures that I have up there are old and all of the kids are grown now, or at least in college.  But they still stay there because like any red blooded woman, I love babies.  They fascinate me.  Their little hands and feet are so cute and cuddly.  I don’t mind their crying either – well if they don’t cry too much.  I can’t wait until I have a grandchild and can “have” another baby, but with my luck I will be too old to enjoy it though.  My son is nowhere near having a kid yet.  So in the meantime I have to settle with other people’s babies and hear them bragging about their grandchildren and wait.  I am not going to pressure him because the last thing I want is to end up having to care for the kid 24/7 because he does something irresponsible.  No, I want to be able to give the kid back when it gets to be too much for me!   Afterall. that’s the beauty of having grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment