Friday, July 22, 2011

People Watching

I love to watch people.  It’s just a thing I do and have done for a long time.  I was sitting in an office with a window out to the train station the other day and it was fun watching the people getting on and off the train.  It was hard to concentrate on what I was supposed to do because of the view. 

I try not to stare but sometimes people come up with some outlandish outfits.  Take this one woman I saw.  It was a really hot summer day and a rather thin woman had on a long sleeve top and a long full length skirt.  Both were white and it looked quite nice against her tanned skin, but I thought she must be broiling in it with the long sleeves.  I don’t know what kind of material it was, and I guess she was coming home from work so maybe it wasn’t too hot if she was in air conditioning all day and then going to an air conditioned car.  

Another woman, a young woman, had tattoos all over.  She was wearing a short skirt and a loose fitting top with ¾ sleeves and on each exposed limb there was a tattoo.  I still don’t get it.  Is she really going to be happy when she is 60 and has those all over her body?  I can see one or two peeking out of a shirt sleeve, but multiple ones still kind of have me scratching my head. 

Then there are the kids wearing the torn t-shirts and jeans with the holes in them.  I guess they have no one to impress.  I actually prefer those to the kids walking around with their shorts showing.  I find that really disgusting.  I really don’t want to have to see someone’s rear end walking down the street.  I find it offensive.  But they don’t care and I guess it is a fashion of some sort kind of like when I was young and we wore bell bottoms and peasant blouses. 

Yes, I guess I am an old fashioned woman when it comes to dress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment