Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Interesting Toys

Yesterday I was surfing the net and I came across a toy that helps little girls simulate breast feeding.  Check out this link.  In the article they have a news clip on the coverage and interview several people about their feelings on the doll.  Personally I take a very dim view pushing kids into adulthood.  I understand that breastfeeding is a natural part of life.  But I think no matter how natural it is, having a child simulate the act when they are little I think is too much.

Kids need to be kids.  They need to play and jump and do all the imaginary things they can do when they can do it.  Simulating adult behavior with something like breastfeeding isn’t necessary.  They will be adults soon enough.  Children are starting earlier and earlier to have sex.  I suppose if we lived more openly, as they do in other countries, children would see mothers breastfeeding children and it would be totally natural when they had children themselves to think that is the way to feed their own child.  But I think this doll is too much.

What do you think?  You are welcome to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment