Monday, August 1, 2011

A Chance

I really want to give people a chance but I have no time for people who do not take responsibility for themselves.  The day before yesterday and yesterday were very disconcerting.  The place that I am working at is running an ad for part time work.  We are paying above minimum wage and okay, so it’s not the greatest job in the world, but it’s money and who can walk away from that?  So we put an ad in Craig’s List and several people respond to the ad and we call them in for interviews.  Out of the 7 people who called who I scheduled for interviews only one showed up.  Is it me?  If you are running late or you changed your mind call the person and let them know.  Don’t just not show up.  I mean really.

If you have a job offer, show up and be responsible.  Don’t waste the interviewer’s time sitting around waiting for you to show up.  If you get a job, do it or call and quit.  Don't waste the employers time sitting around waiting for you to be there.  I would think that this kind of stuff wouldn't need to be mentioned, but I suppose it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment