Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Instant News

I was sitting in my temporary office in Norristown the other day waiting for my appointment to show up.  I heard fire sirens going off and I immediately went to my phone and tuned into my scanner app and pulled up the police scanner.  I then went to Twitter and saw that the reporter for the Norristown Patch reported that there was a fire on W Main St.  A few minutes later he posted a picture from the scene showing the firefighters outside the building reporting that the people had been evacuated and that it was an electrical fire.

Today it’s possible to get news as it happens. You can tune into the fire and police and hear what things are happening as they happen.  On a plane, you can tune into the cockpit and hear everything that is going on between the pilot and the tower.  So rather than getting in my car and following the sirens, which would surely get me in trouble or an accident, or both, I plug in my electronic devices and listen away.  It’s a wonder of technology and fun to do.  I must admit that I am a bit of an action junkie so this is right up my alley.  

No comments:

Post a Comment