Monday, August 15, 2011

Upgrade!


Today I found out that I was eligible for an upgrade to my phone.  For the last few months I have been noticing that my phone is acting a little slow and there were sometimes that my battery would die quicker that I thought it would normally. I did have the same model for the last two years, although the phone itself was replaced once.

So when I was at the Staples store I realized that I could replace it there as they have the contract with Verizon to activate it with the same provider and get the new phone.  So after some consideration I decided to take the leap and get the DROID 2.  I had the DROID 1 and really liked it and the 2 has the physical keyboard which really helps because for the life of me I can’t type on the virtual keyboard without feeling like I want to throw it out the window.  The sales person at the West Norriton store was very patient and helpful and got my phone up and running although it took a little longer that I thought it would.

So now I go again, learning a new phone.  The operating system is a little different that I was used to so I have to learn where things are and use new versions of the old apps that I use on the phone; Facebook. Twitter, Gmail, and the like.  Since the operating system is new, the apps act differently than on the old phone.  We shall see if an old dog really can learn new tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment