Monday, June 25, 2012

Babysitting

It’s been a very long time since I did any babysitting, and a long time since I actually had any interaction with a baby.  But over the weekend, I had an opportunity to do just that.  I guess I was getting my grandmother training lessons started. 

A new friend of ours has a new baby boy who is 10 months old now.  He is really cute with the requisite chubby cheeks and all and quite a nice disposition.  I wasn’t sure I was ready for this, as I am not around babies a lot of the time, but things went quite swimmingly and I am confident that I will be okay when it comes time for my son to bring home his  child – whenever that may be.
The one thing that I did find out is that it is really tiring to run after a toddler.  I remember doing that when my son was 10 months old, but as an older woman it really fatigued me!  I hope that someday, while I am still able to get about and not to totally old, I will have a grandchild of my own.  For now I’ll just have to pretend with the children of my younger friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment