Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer Lilies

You can tell that we are in or very close to summer.  Technically summer doesn't arrive until June 20th at 7:09PM when we have the Summer Solstice in the northern Hemisphere.  But those flowers  are blooming in my yard and they look great.  I spoke to a botanist the other day and he said we are three to four weeks ahead of normal this year.  Everything is coming out earlier than expected.

I love lilies. There are many different varieties with a nice range of color.  I have the ones in the picture here and some Daylilies that have yet to bloom.  I recently purchased some other daylilies of the stella de oro  variety.  I see them all over the place and just love their cheery yellow bloom.  I am going to plant them in amongst my daffodils so I have a little succession of bloom there. The leaves of the daffodil look so sad now so next year that will be camouflaged a little with the new blooms of the lilies.  At least that is what I am going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment